Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Engaging

Today was a good day. My friend Jennifer, works for the same company, in the same building yet we hardly ever see each other. She came to visit today to give me an udpate on her sick kitty, her gorgeous 4 year old son and the new home that her and James are renovating. I also had lunch with Tash, the girl who used to sit next to me - she moved to a new job at a different company back in June. The good bit is, she now works in the building right next door :)

I did some overtime tonight - If we work past 7pm, we get a taxi home, on the company account. I usually get into the cab, tell the driver where I want to go and there is usually no more conversation until I get to my street. Tonight's driver was a very chatty and quite cheeky as well. He was very engaging and we had a rather interesting conversation about age, beauty (mine) and relationships. By the end of the trip, he was keen to convince me that I need a toy boy, specifically a 24 year old taxi driving toy-boy. While he was cute (tall, dark curly hair, italian, mmmm), I did not take him too seriously.

I do have his card with his mobile phone number - just in case I ever need a cab. Believe me, that will be the only time I'll be calling that number.

It must still be Monday somewhere in the Universe, so I have to have a go at Monday Madness!

1. How many desktop computers in your home? Just one, unless I count the old one that still sits in the junk room, nearly three years after the current one was purchased...
2. How many laptops? Only the one that appears when I sit down and disappears when I stand up...
3. What kind of internet service do you have? (i.e. phone modem, dsl, etc.) ADSL
4. Do you tend to use more than one email account regularly? Yes, I have way too many email addresses...
5. Do you use email as a main source for communicating to your family and friends? Friends? Definitely. With my sisters, 99% of the time. With my parents, always by phone - Dad has no idea how teh internets works and my mum is hopeless with email :) With my nieces and nephews, mostly by Facebook and MySpace.
6. What kind of computer monitor do you own (flatscreen, or other)? A lovely flatscreen that was donated by my dear friend, HarryO :)

Poddy: Songs From The Big Chair / The Hurting - Tears for Fears
Dogs: 3
Minis: 1
Feeling: Pretty darn good :)

p.s. Those universal signposts have come back. I'm hoping that this time I don't get waylaid by self doubt and wander off the path again.

2 comments:

Tien said...

hey! your days sounds lively! mine are just study, work, anime...haha. anyway, my laptop is the same as yours *winks*

Team Gherkin said...

That's great that you're able to catch up with all those people - and a toy-boy taxi driver to boot! Who hoo! [giggles]

Enjoy contemplating those signposts too :)

Cyalayta
Mal :)