Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Roundup

We finally went on our road trip to Palm Beach on the weekend. Despite the Saturday afternoon traffic on the way out of suburbia, it was a lovely day for a drive. I have not been up that way for about 30 years and I was happy to see that it has not become overly built up. We had a lovely lunch at the Sugar Palm restaurant - the dessert was divine :)

After lunch we went for a drive through the Kuringai National Park to a place called Akuna Bay. It has a marina where there are heaps of fancy boats moored and it has a rather amaziong rack and stack where boats are stored in a big barn on three stories and loaded and unloaded from a forklift/crane. I'm not a really a big fan of boats and all that water stuff but I enjoyed our visit enough to suggest we return and hire a boat for a day.

Saturday night was spend with my friend from work, Mav. She had her 25th birthday last week and celebrated in style by hiring a stretch hum-vee to drive around the city for an hour before making a celebrity entrance at a nightclub. It was so much fun, helped along by a few bottles of bubbles.

Sunday was a much quieter day. I did most of the housework and then went to see No Reservations with Miss E. I've added Aaron Eckhart to my lust list :) and thoroughly enjoyed the film - I agree with Shirl and give it 3/4. Sunday night, I used my Filmink freebie to go and see Once with Mr Wednesday Night. He seemed a bit ambivalent about it but I liked it a lot, especially the music and give it 4/4.

I'm a bit late for Unconcious Mutterings...

Uneven :: wonky
Wonder :: Stevie, bra
Spider :: little miss muffett
Emma :: Bunton
Swing:: out Sister
Orbit :: bar
Flirt :: Um, that would be me :)
Donation :: organ
Veil :: seven
Atmosphere :: The Kármán line

...but I'm right on time for Monday Madness!

Otto says 'Here are some weather-related questions.... Thank you for playing and have an awesome week! =)'

1. Where you live, what kind of weather (or weather-related tragedy) do you fear the most? The truth is, where I live, the worst I can worry about is a really bad thunderstorm. The bushfires that can be so distressing in our hot summers don't come close enough to be a concern (and if they did, it would be a pretty bad fire season.)
2. What kind of weather do you MOST enjoy? Just like it is this week - late Winter, coming up to Spring, with temps between 21° & 25°C with blue skies and crisp mornings. The best part is, I'm on holidays!
3. What kind of weather do you LEAST like to drive in? I don't drive but I hate being any any vehicle without air-conditioning when it is hot and humid.
4. What is the scariest weather-related experience you've had in your lifetime? The worst I can think of is being caught in the rain without an umbrella. Worse still, making a detour to buy an umbrella only to get outside and the rain has stopped - you would not believe how many brollies I own due to this quirky weather phenomenon :)
5. Share a "weather picture" with us! how about this one :)

7 comments:

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Oh I do like late winter when you know spring is on the way too.

Happy Monday Madness! :)

meowminx said...

Your answer to #4 cracked me up! I've had to do that once, so I ended up buying a big umbrella. Those lil ones break easily.

Mine's posted here.

Have a great week ahead!

Team Gherkin said...

Ahh, the Far Northern Beaches... I grew up around those parts! I haven't been to Palm Beach or Bobbin Head or Anuka Bay for years myself! It's so lovely up there tho.
Glad ur still catching up with Mr Wednesday night too :)
Cyalayta
Mal :)

Tien said...

so i take it that you enjoy your weekend? at least one of us is having fun. :D

anyway, i think among every answer i read, yours is the only one that doesn't not fall into the spiderman and wonder woman category. finally, someone to break the cartoon curse! lol

Shirl said...

say, rumour has it that you're going to visit a certain bookshop???? Way cool!

3rd daughter said...

'tis no rumour, shirl :) i will be visiting next wednesday - do you have any messages for me to pass on :)

thanks deb, meowminx, mal and tien for stopping by. i'm on hols at the moment so will be updating sporadically. off to melbourne next week! yeah!

Julie said...

Found ya.
Wednesday huh? I must remember to wear my best Cure t-shirt.