We finally went on our road trip to Palm Beach on the weekend. Despite the Saturday afternoon traffic on the way out of suburbia, it was a lovely day for a drive. I have not been up that way for about 30 years and I was happy to see that it has not become overly built up. We had a lovely lunch at the Sugar Palm restaurant - the dessert was divine :)
After lunch we went for a drive through the Kuringai National Park to a place called Akuna Bay. It has a marina where there are heaps of fancy boats moored and it has a rather amaziong rack and stack where boats are stored in a big barn on three stories and loaded and unloaded from a forklift/crane. I'm not a really a big fan of boats and all that water stuff but I enjoyed our visit enough to suggest we return and hire a boat for a day.
Saturday night was spend with my friend from work, Mav. She had her 25th birthday last week and celebrated in style by hiring a stretch hum-vee to drive around the city for an hour before making a celebrity entrance at a nightclub. It was so much fun, helped along by a few bottles of bubbles.
Sunday was a much quieter day. I did most of the housework and then went to see No Reservations with Miss E. I've added Aaron Eckhart to my lust list :) and thoroughly enjoyed the film - I agree with Shirl and give it 3/4. Sunday night, I used my Filmink freebie to go and see Once with Mr Wednesday Night. He seemed a bit ambivalent about it but I liked it a lot, especially the music and give it 4/4.
I'm a bit late for Unconcious Mutterings...
Uneven :: wonky
Wonder :: Stevie, bra
Spider :: little miss muffett
Emma :: Bunton
Swing:: out Sister
Orbit :: bar
Flirt :: Um, that would be me :)
Donation :: organ
Veil :: seven
Atmosphere :: The Kármán line
...but I'm right on time for Monday Madness!
Otto says 'Here are some weather-related questions.... Thank you for playing and have an awesome week! =)'
1. Where you live, what kind of weather (or weather-related tragedy) do you fear the most? The truth is, where I live, the worst I can worry about is a really bad thunderstorm. The bushfires that can be so distressing in our hot summers don't come close enough to be a concern (and if they did, it would be a pretty bad fire season.)
2. What kind of weather do you MOST enjoy? Just like it is this week - late Winter, coming up to Spring, with temps between 21° & 25°C with blue skies and crisp mornings. The best part is, I'm on holidays!
3. What kind of weather do you LEAST like to drive in? I don't drive but I hate being any any vehicle without air-conditioning when it is hot and humid.
4. What is the scariest weather-related experience you've had in your lifetime? The worst I can think of is being caught in the rain without an umbrella. Worse still, making a detour to buy an umbrella only to get outside and the rain has stopped - you would not believe how many brollies I own due to this quirky weather phenomenon :)
5. Share a "weather picture" with us! how about this one :)