Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yes! Yes!

I know I've been nominating every year for the last few years as 'the year that everything will change for the better' but at last, I think that year has finally started.

I don't have to worry about the contingency plan... As of next week, I'll be credit card free. Still in debt but only up to my nostrils, paying way less interest and no credit card to tempt me into buying things I don't need! I have even managed to save $200 - not much you might think, but it is a record for me. To celebrate this turn of fortune, I have doubled the amount I have been putting into my nest egg account each payday. Once I have settled into the new financial pattern, I may even increase it some more. (After cutting up my credit cards [the recently expired and it's shiny replacement], I almost chucked the little pieces in the bin but I have saved them and plan to use them to make a mosaic of some sort.)

On another tangent, I allowed myself to be talked into going the staff ball on September 1st. This will mean having to dress up and perhaps even wear make up... I have to tell you, I so rarely dress up and even when I do, it is never very flash. Gah, how did I manage to get roped into this!

It is hard to imagine, but I think everything is going to be OK.

Poddy: The Hurting / Songs From the Big Chair - Tears for Fears
Dogs: 5
Minis: 2
Feeling: Cheerful

2 comments:

tien said...

hey! glad to see you so happy! haven't seen this side of you for the looooongest time. anyway, glad that you start that doggy count again. maybe i should start a kitty count or something. or even better, take snapshots of the animals! weee, i'm so excited at the thought of that :D

Shirl said...

Oh yes!!! doing happy dances for you, sweetie!!!