Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yes!

No, I have not abandoned my new digs! I have been suffering from a rather unattractive stomach bug for the last few days. I'll spare you the details and just say that I'm feeling much better :)

Today marks another step forward in sorting the neglected areas of my life and re-establishing my identity. I have a personal loan and an almost maxed out credit card with a sky-high interest rate. I visited my credit union with an application to consolidate the two debts into one and if all goes well (pray for me!), I'll have one debt, less interest to pay and enough left over to get my passport renewed, submit my tax returns for the last four years and sort out my health insurance. If I'm really lucky (and I don't end up with a staggering tax bill), I might even use that passport to go somewhere interesting when I'm on holidays at the end of this month.

For now, I'm keeping a positive mindset on the application and will only worry about what I will do if the answer is no, if it happens.

Poddy: The Hurting - Tears for Fears
Dogs: 8 - with bonus points for the lovely doggie I met at lunchtime
Minis: 3
Feeling: Better, positive

3 comments:

Shirl said...

Sorry you had a bug, and sending prayers your way for a good result! And I shirley do understand wanting to start afresh. That's the cool thing with blogging!!! You can leave the old stand, but have the new! {{{hugs}}}

poet said...

sorry to hear you have been ill. take care, the weekend is a comin'. i am still reading you and in fact, updated my link to get straight here.

Alice said...

Yay YOU! Bad to hear you were sick, glad to hear you are feeling better :)