Saturday, October 27, 2007

Strange Days

Mmmm...

I went to (B)Eastgardens to do a spot of shopping this afternoon. On the bus over there, two young boys sitting in front of me were talking and one said to the other "Hey, you can find out so much stuff on Facebook - I never knew that your sister was going out with [insert boy's name here]". I had a brief internal chuckle over that comment.

When I got home, there was message on my phone from Mr 1977. I was quite curious as we lost touch again after our brief reunion a few years ago. Curiosity got the better of me and I did a quick Facebook search and found two people who I believe are his kids. If my assumption that these are his children is correct, there was a clue on one of the profiles about what is going on in his life. I guess I will just have to wait until he calls again to get confirmation...

So, to the present. The usual stuff is happening - go to work, come home, sleep, repeat. Would you believe this night owl now finds it hard to stay awake past 10.30pm?? My new job starts on November 12th and I am soooo looking forward to that day. I have enrolled in a hulahooping course - the first class was last Wednesday and I am hopeless at it. When I was a kid, I could do it without thinking; now I cannot get the damn hoop to stay up, no matter how hard I try. I will persevere but the embarrassment factor may cause me to drop out :)

2 comments:

Shirl said...

hula-hooping! It was so easy when we were young. I tried it a few years ago and nearly threw my back out! Do stick with the class, Susan!! You can do it!

Julie said...

gawd, I haven't tried that for years and years and years. I'm with Shirl - don't want to put my back in peril.